Fall Beef Chili

This is what I cook… when I’m cold and hungry! 😂 

I don’t really ever follow a recipe for chili as I usually just and digging through my cupboards for whatever I have to make it. But here’s the basics: 

One pound ground beef 

Chopped onion and green pepper

Two cans of beans, whatever you like. I like kidney & black or pinto & cannoli or you choose whatever you have on hand. If you don’t have beans you can go without. My husband says true chili doesn’t have beans but I like chili with beans. 

Two cans diced tomatoes 

Two cans tomato sauce & one can tomato paste. (Sometime I substitute pizza sauce if I don’t have paste.)

Chili powder

In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion & green peppers, drain. Add all canned ingredients and 2-4 tablespoons of chili powder to your taste. You can add jalapeños if you like it spicier or red pepper flakes or habanero powder. 

Simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes or more. Serve topped with cheese, sour cream, scallions, corn chips or over rice! Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crusty Bread

Minnesota Tator Tot Hotdish

Wild Rice Chicken Salad